Dissolution-Legal Separation Checklist California

From wikilawschool.org. Wiki Law School does not provide legal advice. For educational purposes only.

This judgment checklist is a list of documents that a court may require to complete a default or uncontested judgment. The checklist may be filed along with your judgment, but is not required. If the forms or other documents have already been filed, you should check the boxes indicating that they have been previously filed. Unless listed otherwise on this form, when you file a document with the court, you should submit an original and 2 copies. One copy is for you and one is for the other party. There are three types of default and uncontested judgments:

• Default With No Agreement (no response and no written agreement)

• Default With Agreement (no response, but there is a written agreement)

• Uncontested Case (response filed, or other appearance by respondent, and a written agreement)

Default with No Agreement[edit | edit source]

(Please check the box by each document being filed) Previously Filed
Proof of Service of Summons (form FL-115) or other proof of service
Request to Enter Default (form FL-165), with a stamped envelope addressed to respondent and the court clerk's address as the return address
Petitioner's Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-141)
Declaration for Default or Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation (form FL-170)
Judgment (form FL-180) (5 copies)
Notice of Entry of Judgment (form FL-190)
⬜ 2 stamped envelopes of sufficient size and with sufficient postage to return the Judgment and Notice of Entry of Judgment, one envelope addressed to petitioner and the other to respondent.
If there are minor children of the marriage or domestic partnership:
Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) (form FL-105). (A new form must be filed if there have been any changes since the one most recently filed.)
⬜ Petitioner's Income and Expense Declaration (form FL-150) or Financial Statement (Simplified) (form FL-155). (Needed unless one has been filed within the past 90 days and there have been no changes since then.)
⬜ Computer printout of guideline child support (optional)
Notice of Rights and Responsibilities and Information Sheet on Changing a Child Support Order (form FL-192). This may be attached by the petitioner or by the court.
Child Support Order
Stipulation to Establish or Modify Child Support and Order (form FL-350) (attach to Judgment), or
Child Support Information and Order Attachment (form FL-342) (attach to Judgment), or
⬜ Written agreement containing declarations required by Family Code section 4065(a) (attach to Judgment)
Income Withholding for Support (form FL-195/OMB No. 0970-0154)
Child Custody and Visitation (Parenting Time) Order Attachment (form FL-341) or other proposed written order containing the information required by Family Code 3048(a) (attach to Judgment)
If spousal/partner support is requested, the marriage/partnership is over 10 years in duration, or termination of spousal/partner support for the respondent is requested:
⬜ Spousal or Partnership Support Declaration Attachment (form FL-157)
Income and Expense Declaration (form FL-150) (Needed unless a current financial declaration has been filed within the past 90 days and there have been no changes since then.)
Spousal, Partner, or Family Support Order Attachment (form FL-343) or other proposed written order (attach to Judgment)
If assets or debts need to be divided or assigned:
Property Declaration (form FL-160)
Property Order Attachment to Judgment (form FL-345) or other proposed written order (attach to Judgment)
If attorney fees and costs are requested
Request for Attorney Fees and Costs (form FL-319)
Attorney Fees and Costs Order Attachment (form FL-346) or other proposed written order (attach to Judgment)